The vegetable stews are a spoon dish that perfectly combines with fish and meat, creating a delicious combination of spicy, very energetic and nutritious broth. Its elaboration with prawns is simple and quick, and gives us numerous health benefits due to its richness in fiber and minerals.
Ingredients (5-6 people):
- Chickpeas: 1/2 kg
- Prawns: 400 gr
- Garlic cloves: 5 cloves (for sofrito)
- Large onion: 1
- Red pepper: 1
- Red tomato: 1
- Laurel: 1 sheet
- Sweet Paprika Los Novios: 1 tablespoon
- Parsley: to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- 5 slices of bread to accompany
Steps to follow:
- 1. We put soaked chickpeas from the previous night.
- 2. Peel the raw prawns and cook the heads and shells covered in water for 10 min. Strain the broth very well. I crush the already cooked heads in the colander and pour over a bit more water to extract a total of one liter of broth.
- 3. Cook the chickpeas covered in the shrimp broth and water (the one necessary to cover them well) with the bay leaf and the head of garlic. The boil must not be cut so that they do not become entanged and harden. We put the head of garlic with a knife cut around. They can be made in a pressure cooker.
- 4. In a separate pan, brown on both sides a slice of bread and the cloves of garlic cut in half. We withdraw and reserve. In that same fat we prepare a sauce with onion, pepper (best red) and tomato (all at once) and let it reduce. We put the paprika, take a few turns and remove. We passed this sofrito by the blender with fried garlic and bread.
- 5. When the chickpeas are tender, pour the dough into the pot and let it boil for another five minutes. Add the prawns and the chopped parsley and leave a minute more. Let it rest covered so that the prawns are done with residual heat.