The paprika roast chicken well seasoned is an art that can become the mayor of the culinary delicacies. A simple recipe for slow preparation that requires equal patience and care
- One whole poultry
- Three large potatoes
- Sweet paprika
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Laurel leaves
- Red wine
- Ground pepper
Steps to follow:
- 1. Heat the oven to 150º.
- 2. Carefully wash the chicken and prepare in a casserole or tray to measure.
- 3. Dampen the chicken well with olive oil until it covers its entire surface.
- 4. Prepare the mixture of condiments: in a bowl or small bowl, we will put a generous spoonful of sweet paprika, rosemary, thyme, salt, oil, a finger of water and a splash of red wine. Mix the mixture with a mortar until it is slightly thick and completely mixed.
- 5. Cut the potatoes into semi-thick slices so that they hold well baked. If we prefer them thinner and crunchy, we will add them in the middle of the roast.
- 6. Application of our mixture of "paprika spices" by means of a kitchen brush, also putting some brushstrokes on the cut potatoes.
- 7. Add garlic cut into slices, together with some leaves of Laurel and put the chicken seasoned in the oven for about an hour at 170-180 degrees.
- 8. Turn over after 30 minutes and repeat the seasoning with your own sauce.